- Presenter: Michelle Knapp, Principal, San Jose Prep
- Date: November 12, 2020 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Governing Board Members
- Category: Academic, Employment, General, Governance
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_q9ekQFyyTki5ddchUKo4kQ
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
Whether you are starting a brand new school or taking over an existing one, the culture and climate can help the school soar to success or drive it into the ground. As the leader of the school, the choices made in regard to school climate and culture need to be intentional and focused.
This presentation will focus on a three step approach- listen, identify, and triage (LIT)- to help schools gain freedom from toxic leadership or toxic cultures. Based on work by Patrick Lecioni, the Myers Briggs Type Indicator, Willie Spears, and strategies that have been tested in multiple school environments, the presenter will walk participants through effective strategies for improving school culture. All examples will be tried and true, been there, done that- not just theory and rhetoric.