Government in the Sunshine – Part 1
- Presenter: Melissa Gross-Arnold and Shawn Arnold of the Arnold Law Firm
- Date: October 22, 2015 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere, Florida
- Target Audience: Governing Board Members
- Category: Governance
- Recording: https://vimeo.com/143269437
Florida Charter Schools are required to comply with the state’s complex Government in the Sunshine requirements. The current Government in the Sunshine manual is 326 pages long, and contains numerous requirements that public entities must comply with. This two-part webinar presented by Melissa Gross-Arnold and Shawn Arnold of the Arnold Law Firm will cover some of the key specific questions that are often asked by charter schools. A partial list of topics include: committees, evaluations, agendas, minutes, recordings, required attendees, electronic participation and more. The first of the two webinars will be presented on October 22 with the second presentation on October 29. This presentation will be especially beneficial for Governing Board members and the school administrators who support them.
Follow Up Information
- During the presentation, Mrs. Gross-Arnold made several references to the 2015 Government in the Sunshine Manual. The manual can be found at: http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/RMAS-9UPM53/$file/2015SunshineLawManual.pdf.
- During our conversation we spoke about the delegation of authority to an single individual, references to this topic can be found on pages 18-20 of the Government in the Sunshine Manual.