- Presenter: Liliana Salazar, National Director for Special Education and Student Support, Academica
- Date: December 10, 2020 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Parents, Special Education Staff, Teachers
- Category: Academic, General
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_tuG-MHhgRgWIebihpt2icg
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
When our students returned to school for the 20-21 school year, in brick and mortar or virtually, the academic, behavioral, and social emotional impacts of the extended school closures as a result of COVID-19 became increasingly evident, specifically with students that were already identified as at-risk, learning English as a second language, or have a disability. The term, known as the COVID-19 Slide, has been a focus of school leaders and how to address the slide has become a current priority. Join Liliana L. Salazar as she discusses the components of Explicit Instruction and how the use of this evidence-based model will intercept the COVID-19 Slide.