- Presenter: Kyrah Altman, President of LEAD (Let's Empower and Do)
- Date: October 24, 2019 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Parents, Teachers
- Category: School Safety, School and Student Operations
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_S4lJL9b5SlGdSFWAWWYpbg
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for young people aged 15-24 in the United States, and the first leading cause of death for college-aged women (NAMI). This ‘Suicide Prevention’ workshop will (1) explore the warning signs and risk factors of suicide in youth (2) teach participants how to approach students who may be suicidal and assess for risk, and (3) empower participants to seek appropriate professional help for youth who are experiencing suicidal ideation or a mental health crisis.