New School Safety Requirements for Charter Schools
- Presenter: Brooks Rumenik, FLDOE, Deputy Director
- Date: December 4, 2019 10:00 am
- Target Region: Florida
- Target Audience: Administration, Governing Board Members
- Category: General, Policies, School Safety
- Recording: https://vimeo.com/377377729
As a result of school shootings across the country, Governor Rick Scott signed SB 7026, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act. This legislation outlines significant reforms to make Florida schools safer for all stakeholders. Part of the reforms are new requirements for schools including mental health training, school safety assessments and a stronger working relationship between schools and the Sheriff’s Department. This webinar will inform you of the most recent requirements and provide you with vital information on how to help keep your children safe.