Protecting Your School from Ever-changing Ransomware Threats
- Presenter: Mr. Sam Chawkat, the Chief Operations Officer of Dynamic Network Solutions
- Date: December 6, 2018 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere, Florida
- Target Audience: Adminsitration, Business Managers, Data Entry Staff, Governing Board Members, Special Education Staff, Teachers
- Category: Technology
- Recording: http://vimeo.com/304856919
While IT Security may not be your area of expertise, it is something that you as a school leader needs to be aware of and pay attention to. Ransomware attacks are computer programs which will lock all of your computer data and only give you access them if you pay a ransom to a bad actor. Since 2015, ransomware occurrences have been growing 50% year over year, mainly due to success. Just alone in 2015, ransomware netted over $325 million from infected machines locked out of critical applications and data, and now this has spread to schools and even school districts. This webinar will help you understand ransomware and how it spreads, areas it can gain access to your systems, and more importantly prevention strategies. Just because you ,and each member of your staff, have antivirus on your machine, does not mean you will be fully protected anymore when it comes to ransomware. The biggest security threat to your organization is your staff and learn ways to protect your organization. This webinar will be presented by Mr. Sam Chawkat, the Chief Operations Officer of Dynamic Network Solutions.