- Presenter: John Boyd, Director of News and Content for Harmony Public Schools
- Date: November 5, 2020 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Business Managers, Governing Board Members, Parents
- Category: General, School and Student Operations
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Yzub9A2QQwyNOtoWe6zoKA
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
This session will provide practical tips on promoting your school, staff and students to the media from John Boyd, a former reporter and editor for the Houston Chronicle, Des Moines Register, and others, who now works as a school PR leader for one of Texas’ largest charter school systems. Topics include: finding good stories on your campus, crafting quality press releases and pitch emails, how to overcome story rejection, alternate strategies for getting your school noticed by the news media, and shifts in the media industry that directly impact your schools.