- Presenter: Liza Tupa, Ph.D., Stefanie Winfield, MSW from the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education
- Date: September 26, 2019 1:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Teachers
- Category: School Safety, School and Student Operations
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_gJrE1ir5RwirSTQDM0GdxQ
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
Do your students’ mental health issues affect your classroom? More than ever mental health support is a necessary component of addressing the needs of students and ensuring school safety as well as student success. Using Mental Health Colorado’s School Mental Health Toolkit as a framework, presenters will discuss the “Top 10 Best Practices in School Mental Health”, provide guidelines and suggestions to implement best practices and advocacy/communication strategies for promoting and effecting positive change in school mental health. Tips and tools will be provided to participants to assess their school’s mental health needs, supports and services and determine priorities for addressing improvements. The webinar will be presented by Liza Tupa, Ph.D. and Stefanie Winfield, MSW from the Mountain Plains Technology Transfer Center.