- Presenter: Brittany Goerig
- Date: February 4, 2020 1:00 pm
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Parents, Teachers
- Category: Academic, General
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CAzJ90HJQimtLYWP_9Fetw
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
Our goal in teaching is not just to prepare students for their next math class, but to prepare them for their future careers. Helping students be mathematical thinkers is a way to prepare them for the future. Learn how number strings and math talks help create students become mathematical thinkers and how they can be used to make informed instructional decisions to help students progress towards learning goals. Participants will leave the session with increased knowledge of how to conduct a math talk and an understanding of how to conduct a number string — two essential components of a fluency routine that help create mathematical thinkers. They will, also, learn about models and strategies for teaching fluency standards.