Shifting the Prototype and Expectation for Leadership Training through Leadership Content Knowledge
- Presenter: Dr. Vernita Glenn-White, Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education
- Date: January 14, 2020 1:00 pm
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Teachers
- Category: Academic, Employment, General
- Recording: https://vimeo.com/385008268
Many recent studies have focused on acknowledging that administrators should have a content specific focus. The research has tended to focus on general best practices for instruction and administrators’ beliefs and perceptions about instruction, rather than on how administrators evaluate teacher effectives based on the content. For educators to continue growing professionally they must rely on self-education or on school or district leadership. Therefore, a shift in the preparation of school leaders related to subject-specific content and pedagogical content knowledge is needed for administrators to improve teacher effectiveness and the feedback they receive.