Government in the Sunshine – Part 2
- Presenter: Melissa Gross-Arnold and Shawn Arnold of the Arnold Law Firm
- Date: October 29, 2015 12:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere, Florida
- Target Audience: Governing Board Members
- Category: Governance
- Recording: https://vimeo.com/144007873
Florida Charter Schools are required to comply with the state’s complex Government in the Sunshine requirements. The current Government in the Sunshine manual is 326 pages long, and contains numerous requirements that public entities must comply with. This two-part webinar presented by Melissa Gross-Arnold and Shawn Arnold of the Arnold Law Firm will cover some of the key specific questions that are often asked by charter schools. A partial list of topics include: committees, evaluations, agendas, minutes, recordings, required attendees, electronic participation and more. This was the second of two webinars, and is particularly beneficial for Governing Board members and the school administrators who support them.
Follow Up Information
- During the presentation, Mrs. Gross-Arnold made several references to the 2015 Government in the Sunshine Manual. The manual can be found at: http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/RMAS-9UPM53/$file/2015SunshineLawManual.pdf.