- Presenter: Cassie Dillman
- Date: February 6, 2020 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Parents, Teachers
- Category: Academic, General
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_SKzfJUXWSK65VQ6abjfEow
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
This course will focus on the ways in which gardening and cooking classes can positively impact a school learning environment by creating a space for students to learn about food and nutrition through engaging hands-on experiences. This course will focus on 3 main components: 1) How a school garden and cooking program will dramatically enrich your school culture and curriculum. 2) How to develop or expand upon a school garden program. 3) What does a gardening and cooking class look like and what are lessons you can incorporate into your curriculum. This course will provide information and strategies that are beneficial to all schools regardless of whether or not they have an existing school garden or cooking program.