Renewal Starts the Moment A Board Receives Its Charter
- Presenter: Jill DeMarco Shahen, Co founder & Partner of Empire Charter Consultants, Andrea Rogers Barry, Co founder & Partner of Empire Charter Consultants, Jessica Mokhiber, Communications Director, Empire Charter Consultants, Wendy Diamante, Co-founder The Diamante Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: January 12, 2021 1:00 pm
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Business Managers, Governing Board Members
- Category: Governance, Policies
- Recording: https://vimeo.com/500045661/03f38a1bf3
Many schools and boards wait until the year the charter is up for renewal to understand the obligations of the authorizer and to take a hard look at data – both academic and non-academic. For many schools, this is too late and they run to catch up on what they should know. In this session, board members will learn how to prepare for renewal from the day it receives its charter. This session will discuss the importance of data collection, succession, planning, and the board’s role in the renewal process.