- Presenter: Lydia Carlis, eyemaginED
- Date: August 27, 2019 1:00 pm
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Governing Board Members
- Category: Governance, Special Education
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rLHhovg3QT6nvqYlxkdXyA
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
It is a fundamental responsibility of a charter board to ensure that its school is serving all of its students well, including students with disabilities. For many board members, special education oversight and all of its accompanying legal, financial, instructional, and talent considerations is a daunting topic. Intimidating or not, board members must pay attention to how the school is meeting the needs of its special education students. This session will provide practical advice for board members who want to help their boards strengthen their oversight muscles in this critical area.