What Every Board Member Should Know About Special Education
- Presenter: Lydia Carlis, eyemaginED
- Date: August 27, 2019 1:00 pm
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Governing Board Members
- Category: Governance, Special Education
- Recording: https://vimeo.com/356254127
It is a fundamental responsibility of a charter board to ensure that its school is serving all of its students well, including students with disabilities. For many board members, special education oversight and all of its accompanying legal, financial, instructional, and talent considerations is a daunting topic. Intimidating or not, board members must pay attention to how the school is meeting the needs of its special education students. This session will provide practical advice for board members who want to help their boards strengthen their oversight muscles in this critical area.