- Presenter: Kyrah Altman, President of LEAD (Let's Empower and Do)
- Date: September 5, 2019 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Teachers
- Category: School Safety, School and Student Operations
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RFXRaXnHQuGx-wr5_MfJSg
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
Anxiety disorders are the most prevalent mental illness among youth, seriously affecting the way students function in school, experience life, and engage in relationships. This workshop will (1) describe different kinds of anxiety disorders and their related risk and protective factors, (2) teach educators how to reduce symptoms of anxiety through mindfulness and intentionality in the classroom, and (3) empower educators to de-escalate panic attacks and crisis situations using grounding techniques.