Anti-Bullying Programs in Charter Schools
- Presenter: Brooks Rumenik
- Date: April 28, 2016 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere, Florida
- Target Audience: Administration, Governing Board Members, Parents, Special Education Staff, Teachers
- Category: Academic
- Recording: https://vimeo.com/164586051
Florida Statutes expressly prohibit bullying and harassment of any student or employee in public schools in Florida. The statutes lay out specific steps which schools must take in order to ensure that bullying is addressed. How can these statutes be implemented within Florida Charter Schools to provide them with the flexibility and autonomy anticipated at charters, but still ensuring the safety of students and employees at your school? Join us for a presentation by Brooks Rumenik, the Director of the Office of Safe Schools at the FLDOE where she talks about anti-bullying efforts,and how you can implement them at your school.
Follow Up Information
Enter any follow-up information, links or details, if applicable.