- Presenter: Lance Fein, Ed.D, Executive Director, Alternative Education Foundation, Mrs. Lynette Van Heyzen – Principal AEF Schools
- Date: January 23, 2020 10:00 am
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Special Education Staff, Teachers
- Category: Special Education
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_q0qlSRYYSMqDTSNQuuggdA
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
There are accommodations the real world makes for employees with disabilities. The majority of these accommodations are for physical disabilities covered under A.D.A. Corporations don’t provide shadows for workers or aides to repeat instructions multiple times. Supervisors do not allow extra time for employees who need it because they work at a slower pace. The real world does not make accommodations for adults with ADHD, ASD, OHI, or other social, emotional, or cognitive deficits. Making these accommodations for students in school without remediation is a flawed policy resulting in the long-term professional and social failure. Remediating deficits by dissecting the diagnosis is critical to the long-term success and potential for at risk students.