- Presenter: Robin Chait, Senior Policy Advisor, WestEd, Paul Byrne, Senior Director, District Charter Partnerships, NYC Dept of Education, Shannah Varon, Executive Director, Boston Collegiate Charter School, Rachel Weinstein, Chief Collaboration Officer, Boston Compact
- Date: October 15, 2019 1:00 pm
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Authorizers
- Category: General
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QB8kdg9-T6qvMpRHiHGUvg
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
When traditional public schools and public charter schools communicate and collaborate effectively, students and families in both sectors benefit. This session will provide guidance about how to communicate effectively across sectors as well as examples of promising cross- sector programs. Rachel Weinstein, chief collaboration officer, of the Boston Compact and Shannah Varon, executive director, Boston Collegiate Charter School, will share their experiences and lessons learned communicating and collaborating across sectors in Boston. Paul Byrne, Senior Director of District-Charter Partnerships at the New York City Department of Education, will provide an example of where this communication and collaboration could lead by sharing information about the District-Charter Collaborative in New York City and how it provides a vehicle for cross sector communication. Robin Chait, Senior Policy Advisor at WestEd, will moderate the session and help participants think about what elements to consider and how to get started when planning a collaboration. There will be time for questions for the panelists.