2022 Florida Charter School Governance Conference
Saturday, March 26, 2022
On March 26, the Charter Support Unit hosted it’s second Florida Charter School Governance Conference. This year’s conference will be a hybrid event allowing participants to participate in person or electronically!
Rep. John Snyder
Rep. John Snyder represents the 82nd District in the Florida House of Representatives. He is a strong advocate of public school choice. He will join us at the conference talk about recent developments during the 2022 legislative session and the importance of providing strong alternatives for students and families to choose from in the public school environment.
A Variety Of Presenter
We have a variety of top-notch industry experts lined up to present at this year’s Conference. The presenters include:
- Gail Birks, CMA Enterprise Inc.
- Melissa Brady, FACSA
- Dr. Donna Marie Cozine, Consult DMC. Inc.
- Curtis Fuller, Building Hope
- Brent Grimmel, Senior Vice President, Agency Operations, Egis Insurance & Risk Advisors
- Dr. Alan Hall, San Jose Schools Support
- Lyman Millard, Partner, Bloomwell Group
- Mike Mizzoni, BoardOnTrack
- Sherilyn Moore, Building Hope
- Richard Moreno, Building Hope
- Greg McKenna, Truist Bank
- Lynn Norman-Teck, Florida Charter School Alliance
- Ryan Rewey, Superintendent of San Jose Schools
- Brooks Rumenik, Florida Department of Education’s Office of Safe Schools
- Kathleen Schoenberg, Kathleen W. Schoenberg Charter School Governance Training
- Jill E. Shahen, Empire Charter Consultants
- April Willis, Willis Consulting, LLC
- Jeff Wood & Thomas Sternberg, Tripp Scott PA
To learn more about the sessions being offered, visit the Conference Website and register today!
Hosted In Person By
Orlando Science is a high performing charter school that was founded in 2008 and current serves nearly 2,000 students. The school is located at 2611 Technology Drive Orlando, FL 32804.
Conference participants can elect to participate in person at the conference or electronically through the Whova app on their computer or mobile device.
In person participants will be provided breakfast and lunch, as well as additional in person networking opportunities with other conference participants.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
- Building Hope
- EGIS Insurance & Risk Advisors
- Florida Consortium of Public Charter Schools
- Fringe Benefits Plans
- Kathleen W. Schoenberg Florida Charter School Governance Training
- Parents for Charter Schools
- San Jose Support
- Teachers for Charter Schools
- Tripp Scott, P.A.