- Presenter: Elizabeth Sebring
- Date: February 11, 2020 1:00 pm
- Target Region: Anywhere
- Target Audience: Administration, Teachers
- Category: Academic, General
- Register At: https://bhope.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-by9biyMSxW1Qr6q3v-a_A
- The recording for this webinar will be posted here shortly after the presentation.
This session will be geared toward teachers and administrators who want to use standards to improve writing instruction in the middle grades. Even though the standards are changing, any standards educators are given can be used to teach students how to write successfully. The session will include ways to scaffold standards, how to translate them into student-friendly language, and how to teach them to different levels of students (1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s). Educators will learn not only how to prepare their students for standardized testing, but how to prepare them for writing they will be responsible for in the future, such as high school, college, and many career paths. Teachers will learn types of lessons, how to create writing prompts, how to differentiate instruction for all learners, and other valuable skills.