This is a form to use for staff members to request permission to conduct a fundraiser at the school.
This document is available as either an Excel version, or in Google Docs.
I actually recommend using this as a Google Document and then sharing it with your key office staff who assist with the inventory. This will allow multiple people to access and update the file without needing to worry about sending a copy of the spreadsheet back and forth. The spreadsheet displayed above is an embedded version of the Google Doc. If you would like your own version of this spreadsheet, use this link (click here), and sign into your Google Account. Then click on “File” and then “Make a Copy” This will copy the spreadsheet into your own Google Docs/Drive folder, allowing you to manage your own inventory online.
The new school checklist was developed for newly approved charter schools working to open a new school. The document lists the various tasks to be completed from the time the charter application is approved until the day students walk through the door. This document will be a continuous work in progress, as additional items are addressed by the Support Unit or questions arise from new schools, we will add to this document. If you have any additional items that you think would be good to include on this list, please email Curtis Fuller.
The Charter Support Unit has been asked by the State of Florida’s Department of School Choice to provide assistance to CSP grant recipients with the development of grant budgets. In order to provide this assistance the CSU has developed a CSP Budget Development Tool which can help schools write the narrative budget descriptions which are necessary to submit to the state.
The CSP Budget Development Tool was created in Google Docs and is not something you can download and use, it is something you must use online. This allows us to push out updates quickly without you needing to download and transfer data to updated versions of the tool. If you would like to use the CSP Budget Development Tool, you must email Curtis Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org asking to have a document created for your school. Please include the gmail address(es) you would like the document shared with as well.
Below are a series of videos walking through how to use the CSP Budget Development Tool as well as user documentation on how to use the tool effectively. If you should have any questions, please contact the CSU for assistance.
- Video 1: General Overview. This video provides you with a general overview of the tool and what is included in the various sheets of the workbook.
- Video 2: The Building Options Sheet. This video provides a description of how to use the Building Options sheet to create single budget line items, and to review all of the information from the Allowable Expenses document created by the office of School Choice. If you are unfamiliar with the budget process or what is and is not an allowed expense, we recommend you use this page to create your budget items.
- Video 3: The Long Options Sheet. This video provides a description of how to use the Long Options sheet within the workbook, which provides a list of all possible pre-built budget items that can be added as a group to the budget based on the needs of your school. We recommend that only people who are familiar with the budget process and which types of expenses are generally allowable use this piece of the tool.
- Video 4: Appendix Lists. This video demonstrates how you can create custom / appendix lists to attach to your budget for items which are small and within the same category, and how you can quickly add these totals to your budget. This video is recommended for all users.
- Video 5: The Budget sheet. This video provides users with a description of how the budget sheet works, and how to remove items from your budget before copying and pasting it onto the appropriate DOE forms.
- User Documentation
The Florida Auditor General posts all charter school audits on their website. In order to help charter schools find an auditor, we’ve gone through the posted audits and compiled a list of auditors who completed those audits. The list below is an alphabetical list of auditors. We will continue to update this list as we receive additional information from the auditors.
If you are looking for an auditor, remember that charter schools are required to use an RFP (Request for Proposals) process to select an auditor. If you would like a sample RFP to edit for your school, please visit our Sample Auditor RFP